Building a Learning Organisation
In “Organizational Learning: There is no silver bullet” Chris Argyris defines Organizational Learning as "the detection and correction of error". In “The Fifth Discipline - the Art & Practice of The Learning Organisation”, Peter Senge builds on that to reaffirm “In the long run, the ONLY sustainable source of competitive edge is your Organisation’s capability to learn, adapt & adopt faster than its competitors.”
“A Learning Organisation is where:
- people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire,
- new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured,
- collective aspiration is set free, and
- people are continually learning to see the whole together.” – Peter Senge
As organisations aspire to greater agility, enabling, empowering, encouraging & ensuring that frontline employees learn, adapt & adopt faster is the holy grail many leaders seek. Building a Learning Organisation is our best bet to thrive in a post-Covid world as we seek to explore & exploit emerging opportunities.
In case you are convinced and have set forth to build a Learning Organisation, have you faced any of the following challenges and / or encountered these mindsets?
i. Challenges of Initiating
ii. Challenges of Sustaining Transformation
- We don't have time for this stuff!
- We have no help!
- We don't know what we're doing!
- This stuff isn't relevant!
- They're not walking the talk!
iii. Challenges of Rethinking & Redesigning
- Am I safe? Am I vulnerable?
- Am I adequate? Do I measure up?
- Can I trust myself? Can I trust others?
- This stuff is ________!
- This stuff isn't working.
- Believers vs Non-Believers
- We have the right way! They don't understand us!
- I have no idea what these people are doing! They're acting like a cult!
- Who's in charge of this stuff?
- They won't give up power.
- We keep reinventing the wheel.
- Where are we going?
- What are we here for?
If any of this sounds familiar, and you are open to seeking help, connect with us at [email protected] Or +91 98994 80006/ +971 55 759 3609